At MAIT, we offer a supportive learning environment. Our support services for you begin with pre-departure and arrival assistance, then orientation and continue throughout your studies at MAIT.
The welfare of our students is of utmost importance to all staff at MAIT. Students experiencing personal or health issues can seek help by talking to our designated Student Support Officer. The Student Support Officer can provide general advice and assistance free of charge. Students requiring special or intensive assistance will be referred to a suitable external professional agency. The referral is in confidence and is free of charge to the student.
MAIT provide you free access to academic learning support and skill development. Learning support services include individual consultations, workshops and short preparation course.
All students receive an orientation prior to starting formal training.
This important session covers the following:
- MAIT mission, expectations of students, philosophy & training organisation information
- Facilities & Resources
- Point of Contact officer, the Student Supporting Officer, the Course Coordinator
- ESOS framework and legislation
- CRICOS, the National Code
- Competency Based Training as it applies to the training packages and assessment methods used by MAIT in delivering courses under its scope of registration;
- Course information (including NAATI accreditation)
- Fees and charges, including refund policy etc.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Recognition of other RTO Qualifications Policy
- MAIT policies and procedures
- International Student Handbook
- Privacy, Copyright, Anti- Discrimination
- Appeals, complaints and Complaint procedures
- Course progress/attendance requirements
- Access to support services, Types of counselling services
- Critical Incident Policy and procedures
- Public transport system
- Health and Safety procedures
- Fire, Ambulance and Police services